So, I have an embarassing and frustrating confession: in the last month (or maybe two), I’ve put on some weight. It’s not a lot – 10 lbs – and I have a million excuses – lots of out of town visitors, moving, running out of time to shop for fresh stuff…but when it comes down to it, this is the truth:
This weight gain is the direct result of eating too much, and moving too little.
Now, these are definitely ‘vanity’ pounds – but it’s important to me to return to a lower weight or at least slim down – most of my clothes are smaller and my pants are getting tight (oof!)
So, what’s the plan??
1) Get moving. I spend far too much time not being active. We haven’t worked out in weeks, and a lot of that’s due to busy-ness. But being busy doesn’t have to mean not being active. I just have to learn to get moving when I can.
2) Skip the convinence food. I’ve been buying a lot of ‘easy’ to prepare food (I know). My excuses have been that we ”just” moved and that they’re from our closest grocery store - a ‘natural’ grocery store. This is not healthy for myself or my family, and I’m seeing that now.
3) Choose carefully when I go out to eat. We go out to eat quite often, and usually I just get whatever I want. I’m going to compromise and get food that is healthy and satisfying – heavy on the vegetables, for the most part.
4) Bye Bye beer. It’s true – we like to indulge in a local beer on occasion. While it’s good to support local, I don’t think it’s been good for my waistline.
5) Keep healthy food close and snacks far, far away. I’m not normally a snacker, but if it’s in the house, I end up eating it. Plus, I tend to wait to eat until I’m starving, which can lead to grabbing the closest unhealthy thing.
6) Slow and steady wins the race. In the past, after an illness, I’ve lost 10 pounds easily in a few weeks. But of course, that was due to not eating enough! I know that it’s not going to come off overnight.
Are you currently trying to lose weight? What’s your plan of action?