***This giveaway is now closed!! Go check out the “feeling lucky” on the sidebar for more fun giveaways!***
Oh my goodness! I could not possibly be more excited for this giveaway! Honestly!!
I’m settling down now.
But seriously, this is a good one. Settle in and read my review, then we’ll get to even better stuff – the giveaway!
A few months ago, I won a giveaway for a game called “Hoot Owl Hoot” on another blog. It’s from a company called Peaceable Kingdom, and just the box is adorable!
The concept of the game is really, really simple: move the little owls back to their nest before the sun comes up. You don’t have to read, or count, you just have to know your colors (although some might call ‘pink’ ‘red,’ and that’s okay), and really, that’s it. Sarah, who just turned two, completely gets the object of the game and begs to play “Mau mau game” every day. (Why does she call it that? No clue, but it is pretty cute!)
The BIG, COOL thing about this game? It’s cooperative, not competitive. So every player has to work together to ‘win’ – and if you don’t work together, you’ll probably lose. It’s great for teaching teamwork and strategy! I watch other children occasionally and they all love to play the “owl game” when they’re over.
And, of course, you know that I would NOT be promoting a product if it wasn’t eco-friendly. From their site:
You know what else is great about this company? For every review written on Amazon for one of their games, they donate that game to the school and teacher of your choice. I know I want to write a review, (I looove telling people what I think of things, can you tell?) but now I’m definitely going to write one!
You can purchase Hoot Owl Hoot from Peaceable Kingdom (they also have stickers, cards, board books – and so much more!) here for $14.99.
You can enter a giveaway for this incredible game, Hoot Owl Hoot, right here, right now, on Small Steps on Our Journey!!!
Here are the rules:
US addresses only, please – No PO Boxes!
1 comment per entry
Please leave your email address with each comment
Mandatory entry (do this before you do any of the extra entries, please!) :
- Visit Peaceable Kingdom and tell me another product you’d like to try.
- Like Peaceable Kingdom on Facebook (Please leave your Facebook name!)
- Follow my blog with Google Friend connect (just click the ‘follow’ box to the right —->)
- Like my Facebook page (Leave your Facebook name)
- Share this giveaway on facebook – if you can, tag my “Small Steps” profile in your post (Please leave the link to your post! )
- Follow me on Twitter. (leave your @twitter name)
- Tweet about this giveaway – feel free to use this tweet: #Giveaway Peaceable Kingdom Game @rachelroland http://bit.ly/dRSExJ (Please leave the link to your tweet!)
- Blog about this giveaway (WORTH TWO ENTRIES!) (Please leave link to your post!)
This giveaway will end on Tuesday, April 26th at 11:59pm. The winner will be chosen by random.org the following morning and I will contact you via email. If the winner doesn’t respond to email within 48 hours, a new winner will be chosen.
I recieved a product from Peaceable Kingdom because I won a giveaway, and chose to do a review. They were kind enough to offer another game for a giveaway on our blog – what an awesome company!